It does not make sense to own a fountain if you cannot dedicate time and money to its periodic maintenance. For maintaining the best operating condition, you must follow measures such as the use of distilled water and keep the fountains running all the time. The fountain keeps running on the basis of its fountain pump, which is usually present underneath the pond water. These submersible fountain pumps regulate the rate of water flowing towards the fountain every minute.
Questions about fountain pumps
Some of the important questions you may have thought about have been answered below.
Do I need to dedicate a lot of electrical power to the fountain pump?
No, this is not necessary. You will find that most pumps draw just as much electrical power as a small lamp. What this means is that after its usage, you will not see a significant change in your electricity bill. Many firms and business owners also make use of solar fountains these days, and these do not require any electricity supply to work. The only limitation is that they don’t function in the absence of solar light.
Which is the right size of pump for my fountain?
A fountain pond pump 1.5 times the fountain’s head height would be the most suitable one for your water feature. Optimal performance and functionality of the pump is made possible through continuous operation. Both fountains and their pumps must also be cleaned on a regular basis.
Why buy submersible pumps?
Here are various reasons why submersible pumps are the best choice for water fountains:
- They are very efficient as they spend very little energy to send water to fountains
- No need to prime them as they are already in the water
- You will be happy to know that they generate very little noise
- A few of them can handle solids, while most of them are suitable only for liquids
- As there is never a spike in water pressure, cavitation is never a problem
Despite the above benefits, there are a few reasons why they may not be suitable for some users. These reasons are:
- Reasonably quick corrosion
- One pump will not be capable of meeting all needs
Here are a few characteristics of the best pumps for water fountains:
- When bought from a reputed website, you will always find them to be budget friendly. This allows individuals to beautify their gardens at very affordable rates.
- A high quality fountain pump will also be easy to use. In case of too much trouble during use, there is always an option to return it for a different and better one.
Individuals always search for products which complete chores easily, and not complicate them any further. Most pumps are found to be made out of one of two materials- copper and stainless steel. For copper which comes with a powder coat finish, copper cleaners must never be used. Relatively speaking, stainless steel does not age as much as copper. You must not make use of harsh abrasive cleaners for these pumps as well.